Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Man O Man


We have had an interesting week! Well about a week or so ago, Dave's younger brother, Josh (the bad seed), stole their moms car in the middle of the night and wrecked it not once, but twice. After hitting a parked car that was about 30 ft from the road, he tried to drive back to his moms house. While turning onto her street he took the turn too tight and landed in the creek. His is possibly the WORST driver I think I have ever heard of. Not only was he completely sober, but he did the very same thing to one of his friends cars not even a month ago! Their mom pressed charges on Josh, but we heard yesterday that they're going to let him out in about a week! This kid is a convicted felon a couple times over (and he's only 21), and he still doesn't get put away for longer than a month! What's wrong with Kentucky's justice system!

Anyways, last Thursday I noticed there was something wrong with the car. It kept on vibrating all weird and having jolts it's not used to having. Yesterday we were on our way to fix the car at Dave's dads house. And wouldn't you believe it, the car just stopped running in the middle of the highway in Kentucky! It just stopped , so we were just rolling along until I got over onto the emergency lane. We notcied the engine was smoking, and we could smell something burning - GREAT! Dave got out and checked under the hood. He was sure the engine was blown. He called his dad who told us to wait 15 minutes and try the car again, so we did. Fifteen minutes later, nothing, of course. Just the whine of the ignition and the cars and trucks whzzing by right outside my window -- oh and the baby trying to take a nap through all of this. After about a half hour we asked his dad if he would come to get us and he told us No, because - GET THIS - The Cable Guy was going to be coming at any time! HA! So we called his mom's house and cell phone - no one answered. And then wouldn't you know it, our cell phone died! So we had to do what we had to do and WALK. That's right. We were headed for anywhere, just as long as they had a phone! A mile was never as long as it was carrying a chubby baby, a diaper bag, a winter coat and a husband while everyone in their wonderfully working cars flying past us without even a glance.
Luckily enough, just about the time we were at the Waffle House of the Erlanger exit, a great guy stopped and asked if we needed a ride. He said he had seen us walking on the highway and decdied the second time he saw us he would help. Thanks guy with the crazy teeth! We truly do appreciate it! So he dropped us off at Dave's sister work - Linen's N Things. We spent the rest of the day at his moms house listening to her fuss about needing a new car and how could her son do this to her, and she doesn't have the money to buy groceries, but she's got it to buy cable and Little Debbies. Oh, the in-laws. You'd think my family wouldn't be as bad as his, THINK AGAIN! Oh, man.

Little tidbits - My dad just found out that he's a Type 2 diabetic. He said, "But you probably won't get it 'til you're about 40." Thanks, Dad. He says, "Don't thank me, Thank your ancestors!"

My step-sister Tammi was 4-wheeling in Arkansas, I think, and they got in an accident, so she was in the hospital for a while with a broken neck, broken ribs, bruised lungs, and a couple other things that make me say "Ew..."

I went wedding dress shoping with my sister Dana. That was way fun! Except never go to the wedding dress shop in Reading that claims to have 4,000 dresses. They are EVIL! Evil I tell you! They won't even look at you unless you come in with an entourage and money falling out of your pockets. Thanks for making our Saturday not as fun as it should have been!

Jonah slept from about 1 am til about 8 am. Talk about FINALLY! I got roughly 6 1/2 hours, and interestingly enough, I am STILL tired! What kind of mom am I that I can't live off of 6 1/2 hours?!

Rowing starts in about 1 month for me. Am I scared? YES! I haven't been on a consistent work out regime in almost 9 months on account of the hip injury last winter. I am redshirting Spring Quarter. I am so glad, therefore I don't have to be at every practice, but I am still on scholarship and I have tons more time to get into shape before I have to race, which now won't be until next fall - YES! Jo will be a year old by then!

Alrighty. Now I have to decide whether I should clean, nap, or continue playing on the computer. While I'm at it, I'll add a cute picture of the handsome babe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

hey! wow, i'm sorry to hear about your car breaking down. how terrible. and even worse that you had to walk! i don't have a cell phone so i always worry about breaking down and having to walk with the kids.
good to hear how you guys are doing.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home