Monday, November 28, 2005

So, the point to this is...?

Well, we are down to one half of a vehicle and even it isn't lookin good. We haven't gotten new tires in a while and they haven't been rotated I think even once since I've had the dang thing - oops. I know very little about cars and even less before Dave and I got hitched. The tires slip even in the littlest amount of rain. I can't imagine what it'll do in the snow! So, with the baby and my hospital bills we practically depleted our savings account. Dave waited to tell me that interest wasn't charged on medical bills. I think paying them off slowly would have been better, but then again I hate thinking that I owe someone money. I don't think I could have waited to pay them off unless I just didn't have the money.

Right after we paid off all of our bills and our tithing that we had missed for 10 weeks, were going to try to build back our savings, the car has broken down. The head gasket was blown. As a result the timing belt broke and the thermostat exploded. The mechanic was going to replace the engine, but now he is just going to replace all the broken parts. Great! My thinking is that as soon as he replaces that and he replaces it, some other part is going to fail and the whole thing will happen all over again. What fun that will be. I want to ask for a gaurantee from the mechanic so that if the car fails then we can get it fixed for free because he lied about the gauantee, but it's just a poor guy livin deep in the heart of KY. I can be too complicated with him and go asking for a gaurantee, he might not know what that word means. Okay, that was mean!


I really enjoyed Sis. Tecklenbergs talk given this past Sunday. She shared a story about kind of the same situation we are in now. She had a child with massive medical bills and as soon as they paid them off, she tried her dangdest to try and beef up their savings account. She took in sewing, odd jobs, bargain shopped like never before, and hung her clothes out to dry to save on energy costs just to try to make some extra money. Towards the end of fall she had made $2,500. And then right when she thought thinds were going well, she found out that their heating system in their home needed replacement. It was so dangerous that if they turned it on it could possibly set the house on fire. She was so depressed because she had worked so hard just to have savings, but she knew they couldn't go throughout the winter without the furnace. As she cried about the situation, her husband hugged her and said, "You're looking at this all wrong! The Lord held on to that old furnace to wait until we had enough money to pay to have it fixed. This is truly a blessing!" I was really touched by her story. I know that we will have enough money to get us through. Perhaps this is a lesson on not wasting. We have ben buying more than usual on account of me being at home and we're also used to me having an income. A definate shock to the bank account!

Oh. We believe Little Jonah is going through a growth spurt. He is eating 7 ozs every hour or so and crying all the time. What fun. I also think he is teething - even more fun! My niece started cutting teeth at 6 weeks, so it is very possible for this wee one. Dave and I definately want to wait on the whole 'another baby' thing. The crying one is stressing us out a bit. The only thing to stop his crying is to hold him upright facing outward in front of the TV. Yes. He already is hooked to the idiot box. Man. Aren't kids fun! I can't wait till he actually has a personality. I don't think he really knows who we are quite yet. I think he recognizes us, but I don't think he understands "oh, these are the people who give me what I want!" There is a four month old in our ward that I have been paying close attention to. He rolled over this past week, so I have 4 weeks to walk into the other room to get something I need with out having to move him to the floor. The 4 mth old is also now hold his own bottle - kind of. SO, 4 weeks til I can eat while he's eating too and I don't have to wait 'til he's asleep to stuff my face. The 4 mth old is cuddling his mom and loving on her. Atleast 4 weeks 'til he realizes I am the one who loves him the most - well, me and dad... but mostly me! (Dave doesn't really use the computer so he won't read this, nor will he have the opportunity to disagree!)

Well this is the time where I fall asleep dreaming of when I was skinny and wondering if I should just throw away my skinny pants ( I am tired of my mommy tummy is you can't tell. ) Good night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

The 4 month old in our ward....mmmm, I can't think of who you're talking about! I know it's hard to not compare babies, but I wouldn't worry so much. If something is really wrong with your baby's development, you'll know. Most parents know something is wrong way before their doctors do. Listen to your instincts. And have a great day!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. One option that should definitely be considered is cash for cars near me, as they provide a free car removal service. Firstly, if you own an unwanted car sitting in your driveway, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise just in bad condition, you could really benefit from a cash for cars Gold Coast removal service. They provide a free, no-obligation, professional service to help you get rid of your unwanted car.
cash for cars gold coast
cash for cars north Brisbane


11:34 PM  
Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars mackay
cash for cars rockhampton

9:07 PM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for cars rocklea
cash for scrap metal

9:27 PM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars sydney
cash for cars sydney nsw

9:51 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
sell my car brisbane
cash for cars logan

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home