Thursday, December 01, 2005

ZERO balance?

Well I have mentioned that the car broke down, I believe. Yes, well apparently not only was the timing belt broke, but the headgasket cracked, the thermostat exploded and NOW the radiator is leaking! I would be okay with this if only we hadn't paid off almost all of our hospital bills with our savings and if rent weren't due today. I am going to be brutally honest about the deplorable state our bank accounts are in. We currently have $203.13 in savings and $1,458.99 in checking. That equals $1,662.12 Our most important bills are Rent=$635 and car=$1,030, which equals $1,665. Minus what we owe from what we have = -2.88AHHH! Luckily, I have a check for $30 that I haven't put into the bank, which will make the balance $27.22. WOW. My bank account hasn't looked like that since freshman year! We have done so well at not asking parents for help and I don't think we're going to. Thank the Lord we have a little bit of food storage. Dangit. Should we hold off to pay the 39.60 for tithing this week? I think so! Dangit, what about fast offering? Oh, I don't know! Any advice - ANYONE?!

Well, Besides all that mess, Dave's BFF is coming home today from South Africa. He completed his full mission just before Thanksgiving last year. But after being home for two weeks he flew back to S.A. to marry the Princess of a tribe that he taught the gospel! How sweet. Well, they got married because it was going to take forever to get her Visa to come into the country. Well once they got married, they figured out that they needed a marriage Visa. BUT WAIT! She got pregnant! SO then she had to be cleared to fly during her pregnancy. Now, Doctor's check up's are hard to come by in South Africa. So she is due January 1st and they're getting here today DEC. 1st. How luck are they. Apparently, this was the last day she was allowed to fly! So he spent 11 months there and he is finally coming home. I am worried for them because he has alreadly accumulated massive debt from his trip back to Africa, now he is back in America with a prego wifey with no insurance for the hospital bills for the soon to come baby! OH NO! I don't know what we would have done had we not had insurance. And we have really good insurance! I hope that everything turns out for them okay...

Well, Jonah has been sleeping for awhile now - 4 hours! Time to go check on him or the millionth time to see if he's still breathing. Oh, even the quiet moments a mom has can't be in peace. The stillness scares us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home