Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Scroll of Life


Currently listening: RAY LAMONTAGNE - TROUBLE It's SO good. If you like Van Morrison, you'll love this!

I got to hear the story today of Dave's "Scroll of Life" that he wrote for Nate about 6 years ago. Nate FINALLY got to open that scroll today! Nate wa snot permitted to open the scroll until after he got married. I guess he found it the other day while looking through boxes of his old stuff. Apparently, Dave wrote the Scroll of Life for Nate during a World Civ. class - you can tell how much they paid attention. I'll drop a picture in of Nate, Eunice ( and the baby belly ) as well as their scroll of life. Unfortunately, Dave is not too good on predicting the future. He predicted they'd live in Wyoming, that Nate would be a doctor and that his wife would be blonde - OBVIOUSLY NOT!

I am going on my first coupon venture soon. The deal is 2 of $4 salad dressing. I have 20 coupons for 2 dollars off salad dressing and that = FREE! How sweet! Thanks to Dan for tuning me into another freebie this week! I'll be sure to take full advantage of that one. Oh, master of the coupon, please teach me all you know!

Tomorrow is Enrichment night. I can't forget to take veggies. I'm in charge of Green Beans. I'm not sure what the lesson is on but I'm sure it'll be good. So Sis. Chapin is having an open house for Eunice is this Saturday 3-6pm at their house so that people can meet her. I have spent a couple days with her now and she is AWESOME! She is planning on going completely natural for her labor. She is a brave woman. I think part of the reason why is culturally, she wouldn't feel right in a hospital. Of course she lived in civilization in Africa, but their hospitals are nothing like ours. I am planning a baby shower for her for the end of December. You wouldn't believe the things she was telling me about Africa! She thought it was wierd that we could leave our cars outside of a garage. In S.A. if you left you car out over night it wouldn't be there in the morning for sure! She also said that their back yards or closed in by walls so that it is harder for someone to break in. AH!

Also, the Ward's Christmas party is this Saturday at 6:30. I'm way exctied! Dave doesn't get to be there on account of work, which stinks. I get to bake 25 potatoes! Thank goodness Dave taught me how! Well, that's all for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

i plan on being at enrichment night tonight, that is, if the snow isn't too deep!

7:44 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Woohoo shoutout to me!!

BTW Nicole just called us this morning and enrichment night is cancelled

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home