Sunday, February 12, 2006

Jonah is eating solids regularly now, as you can tell by the image! He's getting to be a comedian. He makes a bunch of weird noises just because he knows that we're going to laugh - What a stinker! On a different note, Sara C. and Katie came over to visit tonight. The girls and I ended up going to Applebee's after Jonah went to bed. It was a lot of fun! They're used to hanging out and stuff, so my excuse for being extremely over-zealous was, "I don't get out much..." I know they understand.
Okay, so I am doing the plans and stuff for V-day. I am planning on suprising Dave with a dinner at a Korean Resteraunt I found in tHe phone book randomly. I know David doesn't read this, that's why I am spilling the beans to you guys! Sara and Katie are going to come home with me after practice and sit on the baby, does that sound fun? So is it customary to get your spouse something for V-day? I got him a card last year... should I do anything else? Any suggestions?
Oh, Here is a little quote I thought I would share...
"The athlete's anerobic threshold, the point at which the body's muscles have exhausted their oxygen store and start burning other fuel. For regular folks, reaching that threshold is quitting time; anaerobic work is 19 times harder than aerobic work. But rowing is all about harder. Elite rowers fire off the start at sprint speed -- 53 strokes per minute. With 95 pounds of force on the blade end, each stroke is a weightlifter's power clean. Rowers cross their anaerobic threshold with that first stroke. Then there are 225 more [strokes] to the finish line." -- ESPN Magazine

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

hi there. i think it's nice to get your spouse something for valentine's day. it's always good to show you care! but in my opinion guys just don't appreciate romantic gestures like girls do. so the real question is, what is dave doing for YOU for valentine's day?! :-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Beaches said...

you got me! I have no idea... he mentioned that I should take my time at rowing practice tonight... i don't know if he's just trying to be supportive or what, but it sounds like he'll be sneaking out with the wee one. I hope he is home when I get there!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home