Tuesday, January 24, 2006


Jonah is 5 months old today. He is currently giving me a blank stare, or the relaxed, I-just-woke-up-and-am-feelin'-good stare. He's doing really well, besides the occaisional teething pains. He's finally getting the bottom front ones in after the top and bottom vampires showed themselves first. The past few days he's been "talking" a lot. He won't go back to sleep after his nighttime feeding because all he wants to do is talk! He's a talker. Perhaps a politician or a car sales man or a lawyer. Who knows, he could be a bungee jump instructor! It doesn't REALLY matter, just as long as he's doing his best at what ever it may be.
Dave is loving his new position! He's really pleased with how things are working out.
I am really pleased as well! Turns out my spring schedule will be a breeze! Well, not in the difficulty of the course, but schedule-wise it's going to work out really well. It looks like I will be taking a couple internet courses as well as two classes on Monday afternoon/evening. There is a possibility I could take a saturday afternoon course for 4 weeks but it starts at 1 and Dave gets off at 3. We'll have to see if taking that course is pertinent for this coming quarter. I really am excited that it is going to work out so well! Thanks be to God, because I was praying for help with our schedules.

So, I got my calling for the year. I'm in the Nursery. How fun... I hope the kids behave. I will have to have Jonah with me the second hour on account of Dave teaching his class, but the third hour, is when the kids in the nursery get crazy, so Dave will either have to come and help, or take him off my hands to help out with the nursery kids. Nursery is for kids ages 18 mths to 3 yrs. This year we'll be getting TONS of newbies (GREAT). Afton, Cali, Reiker, Joel, Joel's friend with no hair, and we'll be getting Owen towards the end of the year. This will be fun!

Alrighty, he's lost the just-woke-up relaxed thing.

P.S. there are a lot of new pictures if you go to the Jonah pictures link.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Joel's friend with no hair is named Jacen Olmsted. (said like Jason)
Just thought I'd pass that long since he'll be in your nursery class in May. I served in nursery a few years back. I liked it fine and we had pretty good kids. But it was a stressful calling. I requently had a headache after church! So good luck! They usually only keep people in the nursery calling for only a year at a time because it's so demanding and isolating.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home