Sunday, December 18, 2005

Telephone

Do you remember the game Telephone? In the game the first person would start off with a phrase and pass it down the line. By the end of the line the phrase gets completely miscontrued and misunderstood. Well, that actually happened to me! As I was walking down the hall at church today, Scott Blackwelder stopped me and told me a crazy story! He said that last week when he was in San Diego on a business trip someone asked him if he knew a Mormon Girl who rowed for UC. He said, "Yeah, she's in my ward." They continued to tell him that they had read the story last year in the paper about the girl you sued her coach because of her religion and that somehow he had gotten her pregnant! Scott (as well as myself) was baffled at the story. He said, "Well, she's been married and in my ward for a few years now, so I don't think He got her pregnant." He didn't know about the claim I filed through the University, so I told him about it(link to that blog here).
Isn't that crazy?! So the claim that I filed apparently turned into a case against a coach that got me pregnant - clearly not the truth! I am hoping that this was just someone's interpretation and not what was ACTUALLY printed in the paper! And hopefully names were not added, because that would be completely embarassing! My, my, my. Interestingly enough the first time I have seen Tim since last spring was yesterday. On my way to clean the chapel yesterday morning he was on a run with Smokey. Crazy how things happen.
On a different note, Dave gets Monday (like always) and Wednesday off this week and is taking Thursday off for Christmas at Ma's house. He gets THREE days off this week and triple pay Saturday! He gets double time for working a holidays and anyone whoe works for any amount of time on a holiday gets an automatic 8 hours. I think that's how it worked out when I was there. Woo Hoo! I guess it makes up for him having to work over 60 hours this week.
I am off to go check the sales out at Meijer for coupon shopping!

This is his GGGOOOOOOO face

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That is a crazy story. Gossiping is bad stuff!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home