Friday, March 31, 2006

A Long Time Coming

Hello there all, I am writing from the floor of our bedroom. Yes, our computer desk broke during the move. It wasn't all the way broken, but we want new bedroom furniture anyways, so we left it for grabs at our old apartment. And wouldn't you know it, before we could get in our cars to leave some one had already snatched it up!

At any rate, the new apartment is great! The picture Map is from when we had just had Jonah and were still in the hospital. Besides a couple things that needed repairing, it is perfect, and bigger and less expensive than the Clifton Colony apartment. It's just up MLK one more light from our old place, right across the street from Good Samaritan. It's a bit closer to campus. It only took me 13 minutes to walk home after class, the other apartment was 40 minutes!

Yesterday was a beautiful day! After babysitting Walker (my new task for tuesdays and thursdays) and taking care of Jo, I had weights with the wonderful UC Strength Training Staff... I was supposed to go visiting teaching, but our teachee cancelled, so Dave, Jo and I went for a long walk, to Ludlow, of course. We hit up the library, and Toko Baru for kidz and got dinner at Habaneros! It was great, even though I could and can still hardly walk from weights.

Jonah is 7 months now!! He's doing the soldier shuffle quite efficiently. In the picutre he is getting himself stuck inside the toy bin. He is pulling him self up on the couch, on people and chairs. I won't be too alarmed if he starts walking before he can actually crawl! He is already in 18 months clothing. The 12 mths clothing is getting reeeeaaally tight and was already too short to begin with. He is eating solids like it's his business. At each meal he'll eat probably close to 8 ozs of solids on top of an 8 oz bottle not too far after that. I am suprised he isn't chubby, although he is very strong and very heavy. Of course I will be adding pictures.

Nate is openning his very own Picture People location in Lousiville, go Nate! So that means Eunice, Emily and he all moved down to Louisville, unfortunately. But we plan to visit often, seeing how there is a temple about 5 minutes from where they are living.

Classes are going well and I got a 3.2 last quarter!! Woot woot! Alrighty, Jonah is waking. I can tell because he is running his binky along the slats on his crib, what a cutie.

P.S. I love this picture! (Nate took it...)

I'll write again soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That picture is extremely cute. And you are right he doesn't look cubby. Maybe he's just a big healthy guy! I'm glad to hear you are all settled into your new place. Not bad finding a place that's actually bigger and cheaper and closer to campus. I hope it works out for you guys. Nice to see you back on line. hee hee

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home